Welcome to The Pool Medical Centre
IF YOU HAVE:
- A HIGH TEMPERATURE OR A NEW, CONTINUOUS COUGH
- BEEN IN CLOSE CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WITH SYMPTOMS
DO NOT COME TO THE SURGERY, COMMUNITY PHARMACY OR HOSPITAL. FOLLOW THE LINK https://111.nhs.uk/service/covid-19 FOR ADVICE, STAY INDOORS AND SELF ISOLATE.
If you have a query regarding the Coronavirus please check the "useful links" on our Coronavirus - information for patients
page prior to phoning. Alternatively there is more information available at gov.uk/coronavirus and
Due to the current situation with Covid-19 some changes to our procedures and appointments are having to be made. Please see our Changes at the Surgery due to Coronavirus page for more information regarding this.
You can now contact the Surgery online using Econsult. Click on the blue banner on the home page to send an administration request or to request advice from a GP. PLEASE NOTE: IF YOUR REQUEST OR QUERY IS URGENT PLEASE TELEPHONE THE SURGERY. For more information please see our Changes at the Surgery due to Coronavirus page.
STAY AT HOME to stop coronavirus spreading and SAVE LIVES
Everyone must stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus. This includes people of all ages – even if you do not have any symptoms or other health conditions.
You can only leave your home:
- to shop for basic essentials – only when you really need to
- to do one form of exercise a day – such as a run, walk or cycle, alone or with other people you live with
- for any medical need – for example, to visit a pharmacy or deliver essential supplies to a vulnerable person
- to travel to and from work – but only where this is absolutely necessary
Please note that in line with Government guidelines we will not issue sick notes for patients who are self-isolating. We have produced a generic letter which you can download here and send to your employer to explain this. Letter to employer regarding Covid-19
We would like to thank you for your cooperation and support at this time.
The Pool Medical Centre along with our Patient Participation Group are working together to create a sensory garden. We hope that this will provide a relaxing and calm space for patients to wait for their appointments as an alternative to sitting in the waiting room.
We are hoping to start this project soon and would be very grateful for any volunteers who may be able to help with this.
If you would be interested in lending a helping hand please contact the Surgery and ask to speak to Rachel or Jennie.
The Pool Medical Centre is proud to announce that we are now a certified Parkrun Practice. For more information please see the page on our website by clicking on the below link:
Updated Guidance: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- if you have symptoms of coronavirus infection (COVID-19), however mild, stay at home and do not leave your house for 7 days from when your symptoms started.
- this action will help protect others in your community whilst you are infectious
- plan ahead and ask others for help to ensure that you can successfully stay at home
- ask your employer, friends and family to help you to get the things you need to stay at home
- stay at least 2 metres (about 3 steps) away from other people in your home whenever possible
- sleep alone, if that is possible
- wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water
- stay away from vulnerable individuals such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions as much as possible
- you do not need to call NHS 111 to go into self-isolation. If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111.
For a medical emergency dial 999
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- You feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- Your condition gets worse
- Your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
ONLY CALL 111 IF YOU CANNOT FIRST GET HELP ONLINE
Do NOT attend the GP practice or A&E department at Hospital